Friday, February 10, 2012

Superbowl Commercial-All for One

Superbowl Commercial-All for one http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/8281.html

The Hyundai advertisement “All for one” tells audiences a short story about how Alabama plant employees provide a little vocal encouragement to a designer. At the beginning, the designer wants to give up when meeting some difficulties. After seeing that, the manager, front-line workers, engineers, and executives appear consecutively, using powerful song to encourage the designer. Their beautiful voices, together with the powerful sound of machine, give audiences a strong feeling that Hyundai is a powerful company with employees full of passion. Also the advertisement transfers the idea of “never say impossible”.  Hyundai have a zero tolerance towards low quality products, and it always tries to provide better service and products to its customers.
 
 
People who has great attitude toward Hyundai and has low budget since compared with American car, Korean car is low pricing.
 
 
This advertisement transmits a message that the employee of HYUNDAI hang together. The entire employees make up a big family. They work together, eat together and inspire each other, and then they can overcome any difficulties. This kind of cohesion of employee is want the HUNDAI super bowl commercial wants to tell us. However, does it make sense for HUNDAI’s business? First, HUNDAI want to build a responsible brand image for employees on customers’ brand through this commercial. Most of customers of vehicles are employees of some companies, of course. If this brand image built successfully, the impression of HUNDAI of these customers will change better. Second, it wants to tell us if a company is so united, its products are also reliable. Third, we can find that the way they use to inspire the designer is very innovative and special. So this commercial tell us the HUNDAI is an innovative company, it never luck good new ideas and new productions.
 
 
 
I believe the messages are effective. For one, people can easily recognize the music in the advertisement (Gonna Fly Now from the movie “ROCKY”) and they can associate the music with this commercial. The music can encourage and inspire people to not give up and keep trying just as the employee in the advertising said “Let me give it another try!” Anyone who watched ROCKY can think of the classic scene that Rocky earned for his self-respect finally.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bztxd7BJSco
 
 
For another, Korean car used to be regarded as underdog, who has low quality and low functionality, but in this Ads, Hyundai showed to the audience that they are different now and it want to change people’s attitude towards its cars.
 
 
Moreover, Hyundai conveyed their way of working and doing things, “there is always a way, that’s just our way” means that nothing is possible for Hyundai.









33 comments:

  1. I think this one is not as creative as some other car commercials this year. But they successfully delivery the right message. Also, though it doesn't seem have big stars or unbelievable scenes, most people remember this one and they know Hyundai made it. This is one of the most important purpose for a commercial.

    Jiawei Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ad delivers a message of cooperation and the faith of conquering difficulties, which is really inspiring, and also, impressive.
    Interestingly, many commercials of automobiles campaigns, instead of demonstrating a particular product, are trying to delivery messages like that, the belief of everything's gonna be better, the commitment of making people's life better, etc, aiming at building up a great company feature.

    Shiyun Feng
    Topmarketers5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Plus: I think the commercial also shows the manufacturing department, the design department, the 4S store, the manager meeting and so on. The purpose is to convince customers that Hundai is an excellent company with both modern manufacturing capabilities and advanced manage skills.

    LGe---Lingling Ge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice interpretation! However, I doubt that a regular commercial viewer would think that much... all those departments were a demonstration of their management skills, from manufacturing to customer service.

      XOu.

      Delete
  4. Great commercial. However, I have to admit that Hundai commercial is not my favourite one compared to other car commercials shown during Super Bowl. For me, I am not familar with the background music, so that I didn't feel any connection. My attention was distracted to other stuffs, but Hundai, the brand. From my point of view of public relation, the brand didn't stand out and the characristic of the brand is still blury.

    M.Wang(Mengting Wang)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree on the point that Hundai is not an outstanding brand. And this may be the reason why Hundai want to improve its brand-image through this commercial. The commercial not only tell a story how employees encourage a designer, but also it give audience a comprehasive understanding how Alabama plant runs. Almost all types of jobs (front-line workers, tester, executives, engineers, truck drivers)are involved in the commercial. They have passion towards work, they have zero tolerance towards "impossible", and they always want to deliver products with highest quality to customer. This is what I learn from the commercial, and I change my mind about Hyundai after seeing that.
      ---Shiqi Tao

      Delete
    3. I have to admit that I am not familiar with this ad's background music either. But what's interesting is that after seeing this ad, this music is gonna come to our mind from time to time, and of course with the image of a very united company-Hyundai and their belief that it is always "possible".
      ---Xiaoting Wang

      Delete
    4. Yes!! Annoying music does that... they just won't go away...it's probably a good thing for Hyundai, though. So when the music appears in your head, and then you would explain to your friends, "it's from the Hyundai commercial...". Kind of "viral"?

      XOu

      Delete
  5. I was actually very surprised that Hyundai advertised two or three of their different advertising at Super Bowl ads period compare to other bigger brand or name. Hyundai always has that inexpensive and everyone can afford car image. I think this ad is more about deliver the corporate culture to audience instead of just advertise on one particular product. I think Hyundai management wants to improve or upgrade their current image of inexpensive car to a more customer-oriented corporate culture. Also as everyone knows, Hyundai is a Korean brand. Under the current circumstance in USA, American consumers are most likely support the products that are produced by Americans. In the ads, we saw the Hyundai employees are all American faces, which indicate buy Hyundai not only satisfy your personal need but to support American economy.
    F. Bai (Fan Bai)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn’t agree with you more about your comment that this Ads is more about company culture rather than promoting one particular product. And that is the main reason we picked up this Ads because it match our focus of Public Relations.

      I believe the whole purpose of this commercial is to convey a message to public that Hyundai is a company keeping trying and innovating as well as improving., as well as a message that Hyundai is not what it used to be.


      W. Lu(Wencai Lu)

      Delete
    2. 'this Ads is more about company culture rather than promoting one particular product.And that is the main reason we picked up this Ads because it match our focus of Public Relations.'
      These are the sentences I am looking for. I was wondering whether the 'building the image and showing culture' paragraph is the content you want to connect with PR. Then I found your explanation here. I suggest you can put these into blog, connecting corporate culture/image building to PR strategy. If so, it may be more logical for me:)

      Weilan(Misty) Xu

      Delete
  6. "There always a way, that's just our way". I am so impressed with such a powerful sentence in this commercial. It strongly shows that Hyundai is a company standing behind every employee and support them when they have problems. Also, this commercial can certainly raise my eagerness to buy a Hyundai vehicle. I am not familiar with Hyundai. But from the commercial, I can probably see how a Hyundai car is produced from such a high standard plant, beginning from a designer,to a worker at the production line, to the final assemble line. Then a brand new car comes out from Hyundai plant. I just feel that Hyundai is reliable to use. -----Chenlu Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very impressed by this commercial, not only because this simple ad transferred a very multiple information to us, but also it was very interesting and funny. At the beginning , a officer wanted to give up because that he thought it was impossible for him to complete. However, the whole big company came together to motivate him. In the end, he said" he would try again!". This situation reflected that Hyundai was a big family, which work together and help each other. On the other hand, This commercial also let us know that Hyundai would never give up when they faced a problem. This commercial used funny sings, made this ad very interesting and easy to be remember. Additionally, this commercial was played in the beginning of the Super Bowl, so it also motivated the players never give up either! It was a very great commercial. However, it had no interactive part i think.



    Yisa Zhou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like how you managed to draw out those significant messages from the Hyundai commercial. The brand is focused on innovation, team-work, hard-working americans who all have a dream to be great. Even adding that song from "Rocky" gives it that extra touch :)

    Great post!

    A.Rinaldi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your idea. Actually I missed the point "hard-working Amercians" in the blog. In Chrysler's commercial hard-working Amercians are an essential part of the spirit of Detroit. It is true that people respect and like hard-working Amercians. So Hyundai use "hard-working Americans" not only to show it is a "US" company, but also to attract customers.

      -----Shiqi Tao

      Delete
  9. This is a great commercial to watch in. Recently I fell in love with Hyundai’s Elantra and Sonata. It is beautifully designed and it was the best sales car of the year in 2011. This ad puts together the concept of “teamwork” like the work starting from initial to the final stages of making Hyundai, a reliable car. Engineering to Production and Sales to Service describes the team work and the efforts made to bring the product successfully, which makes Hyundai owners coming back and back to buy the product again and again.

    -S.Pothiraaj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I totally agree that Hyundai is doing a good job attracting old owners coming back. And from my point of view, functions of cars of a certain price level are going to be more and more similar. So, it's very important to attract old or even new customers by its organizational culture, making those owners or potential owners feeling proud to have a Hyundai.
      ---Xiaoting Wang

      Delete
  10. Aha, by watching this commerical, I could read the passion from Hyundai. Not only for the working environment of this company, but also for the enthusiasm of its product. The most important of all, the teamwork is showed up in the ad. No matter from the producing progress or the final promotion and sales stage, all the people work for the every single vehicle, which reveals Hyundai pays attention to all its cars to satisfy its custmoers.

    Kuo Zhong

    ReplyDelete
  11. Effective ad. It pulled through even though it didn't feature any big names from the entertainment business, unlike some of the other car commercials this year. It rightly projected some important values that the Hyundai corporation stands for, such as a "never-say-die" attitude, commitment to designing quality automobiles and delivering a great value proposition to the final consumer. The Rocky soundtrack was the most innovative part of the ad. Connected with me instantly as "Rocky Balboa" is one of my all-time favorite movie characters. A slightly discomforting afterthought is that most consumers might ultimately remember the ad for the imitation of the track as opposed to the Hyundai brand.

    M. Busi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manish,

      I agree with what you've said. I would assume that they intentionally stayed away from any big names as part of conveying their focus on value. Overall, I agree with some of the other sentiments, it wasn't quite what we expect of Superbowl commercials, but was a good commercial overall.

      E. Duderewicz

      Delete
  12. Great work. I like this commercial, especially the idea to let workers sing a song with strong rhythm. The sound they singing inside the commercial is a little bit like the sound of car horn. It relates to the automobile and easy to member. After watching the commercial a few minutes later, the sound is still surrounding my head. Beside, the commercial shows the whole "Hyundai" family and the whole processes to make a car to the audiences. The employees are passionate, with good relationship and willing to support each other.It implies that Hyundai has great culture and never stopping innovation. Moreover, instead of some commmercials just promote on one specific model of car, this commercials promote the whole brand to us.

    Jiefei Zhang

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this commercial! Showing the employees as "real people" and not actors allows you to relate to the message. And who doesn't recognize the Rocky theme? Both of these factors combine to create a hard-working and approachable image for Hyundai.

    C. Kelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with what you said about “real people”. Personally, I do love the ad acted by the common people instead of celebrity. Do not forget that advertiser want to promote their services and goods to the common people! In my mind, if people who appear in the ad are very common and maybe just like the neighbor of us or ourselves, we will easier to embrace the information conveyed by the ad.

      Kaiyu Xiong

      Delete
  14. This commerical exactely convey their message to consumers and easy for us to understand. You can say it is sucessful promotion tacic. Even a commerical looks interesting and innovative ,but if it can not make sense to customers, it means nothing.

    Na Li

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a very good commercial. It seems to advertise its company culture: it is our way.
    However, for an Advertisement, the time of this Ad is a bit long. If this Ad show in the intervals in a movie, I might walk away to have a water break.
    In my view, the best length of an Ad is around 30 seconds

    ---Xiaowen Wu

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the song in this commercial. It makes this awkward condition in working into a positive one. It is a very common time that people can't push their work forward. But in this company, they can inspire people's ability better. I will say that it is a company full of enthusiasm. It is a brand never give up and full of energy.

    Ruicheng Xu

    ReplyDelete
  17. From a customer`s perspective, it might not be a commercial powerful enough to make me to change my purchase decision. But it did enhance my positive image on HYUNDAI brand. In the commercial, the design of story and music transmits a theory, which is "United as One" in HYUNDAI company. It`s great to give customers impressions that a company is a powerful united one. In a sense, very encouraging, very powerful and funny commercial.

    Y.Miao (Yongqiang Miao)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great auto-mobile commercials during the SuperBowl. So I agree with you that this commercial may have little influence on improving sales. But this commercial can improve brand image, and improve brand awareness. Customers who like Hyundai car but still donot trust the brand may change their mind when they see this. I think this is Hyundai' target.

      ------Shiqi Tao

      Delete
  18. Very good ad. it's very creative and funny. I could not get it at the beginning, however, till the end, I know everything. Sometime, when people get curious, they would more focus. This ad is like a good puzzle, give you a wonderful answer at the end.

    Jane (YUHAN HUA)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is interesting! Hyundai shows its non-stop innovative spirit using very few words. The music is really simple, but energetic and impressive. Moreover, Hyundai also represents its operation line and every manufacturing steps during the advertisement. At first, I felt confused about what they are doing actually, so I kept looking with curiosity to check out what they are going to express. Finally, when the young engineer says was encouraged by all his coworkers, I got Hyundai's interesting idea.

    YAN LI

    ReplyDelete
  20. The ad is aim to delivering the message that with all workets working together, Hyundai can reach the goal which people think is impossible. Hyundai is doing a good job on continutive innovating. And the ad is also creative. It shows different workers in different department workers together to produce creative and pratical cars for customers.

    XU ZHANG

    ReplyDelete
  21. For me, I think it's annoying before I read your post. And I can see your point that Hyundai employees work together like a family to encourage their peers. However, you don't get the point until you wait till the end. I never watched Rocky, though I heard it before, the choir just sounded weird to me... maybe shorten it could be better. On the other hand, if people know the history of Hyundai and watched Rocky before, they may interpret as you did. And from that point of view, I think the commercial did deliver what it wanted to deliver: working as family, higher quality and innovation.

    XOu

    ReplyDelete